Near the conclusion of the regular season for high school girls and boys, varsity head coaches are asked to nominate players for the Greater Birmingham Youth Lacrosse Association (GBYLA) ALABAMA ALL STATE.
- Each head coach is permitted to nominate up to eight (8) players.
- Applicable statistics and other player information must accompany each nomination.
- An official online nomination form is sent out by the GBYLA.
- All nominations are compiled by the GBYLA and sent out to the coaches for voting.
- Players receiving the most votes at each position (as applicable) are awarded ALL STATE FIRST TEAM.
- The next highest vote-getters are awarded ALL STATE SECOND TEAM.
- The TOP 50 PLAYERS receiving votes, including those making ALL STATE are invited to play in the GBYLA ALL STAR SHOWCASE game.
- ALL STAR SHOWCASE games (girls and boys) are played the Saturday after the Alabama Lacrosse Championships.
- The 50 top players are divided into two teams.
- The 4 head coaches advancing to the Alabama Lacrosse Championship finals (for girls and boys) will each lead an ALL STAR SHOWCASE team.
All State Calendar for 2022
4/22 All-State nomination form sent to high school head coaches
4/26 Deadline for coaches to submit All State nominations
4/27 Official All State ballot distributed; coach voting begins
4/30 All State Voting deadline
5/2 All State First & Second Team Released; ALL STAR SHOWCASE rosters released
5/14 ALL STAR SHOWCASE games & ALL STATE AWARDS presentation